It has once again been been a busy summer for the St Helens Marine Rescue Association. Their radio logs show that during this period they:
- logged 3,012 radio transmissions on VHF;
- logged 262 radio transmissions on UHF Channel 94; and
- provided assistance and tracking to a total of 793 vessels, carrying a total of 2,245 persons.
Their rescue boat activities comprised:
- thirty-five (35) escorts over the barway;
- eight (8) assists and/or tows of vessels;
- assisting with three (3) police call-outs; and
- assisting the Tasmanian Police with one (1) rescue.
In total, they helped 47 vessels into the safety of St Helens/Georges Bay, carrying 121 persons. The value of the vessels assisted to safety is estimated at over $10 million.