Sunny Spells is a beautiful 2004 Bavaria 44 with four double cabins and two heads. She is a very well prepared boat with deep keel and triple spreader rig options. The boat is very well equipped for offshore passagemaking:
- ISAF/YA Cat2 offshore safety gear, including 6 person liferaft (just serviced) and 3 x 406MHz GPS EPIRBs;
- colour chartplotter/sounder/radar with AIS overlay at helm;
- AIS Class B transponder;
- reliable autopilot;
- NextG wireless broadband (when in range of the Telstra mobile network);
- HF/SSB Radio;
- Satelite phone;
- conservatively size ground tackle, including a 60lb Manson Supreme Anchor, 90m of 10mm chain and electric windlass; and
- inner forestay with staysail and 3 reefing points in mainsail for heavy weather sailing.
She has ample accommodation for 8, a complete canvas/clear enclosure for the cockpit and hot/cold running water. Galley is fully equipped, including a fridge and freezer.
I carry two sets of snorkelling gear, one set of scuba gear and fishing rods, hand reels and lures (for trolling under way). We have an inflatable tender/outboard for getting to shore and/or exploring as well as a large kayak (takes 3 adults).